- Learn chords, strumming, theory, fingerpicking and fret-board
- Get additional handouts, booklets and documents
- Learn about Beats, Rhythms, tempo and Note values
- Play and implement guitar tricks under instructor’s guidance
Class 1 – The Essentials
- The parts of the guitar
- Proper way to hold the guitar (3 points of stability)
- Proper right hand position for strumming
- Guitar pick styles and choices (why to use a certain style)
- Proper left hand positioning for chords and scales
- Electric vs. acoustic guitars and why
- How to effectively strum the guitar
- Strumming patterns that can be used in any style of music
- Learn to strum "free-form" to any song in any genre
Class 2 – The Chords
- What is a chord?
- How to read chord charts
- How to practice chords to make them useable in a short amount of time
- Common chord progressions and songs
- How to play literally thousands of songs, easily
- The 8 essential chords to play music in any style or genre
Class 3 – The Primary Goal of Guitar
- PROPER connecting of strumming and chording to quick success
- Using the Internet to stay inspired and to continue education
- Create chord progressions and put it all together
Class 4 – Taking it to the Next Level
- Understanding song structure
- The chromatic scale (the 12 notes of music)
- Learn the all the notes on the fret-board with 1 simple concept
- What is a capo and why and how to use it
- Essential fingerpicking patterns
Who is it for?
The course is designed in such a way that anyone from a beginner to an intermediate learner can take advantage of the course to develop or better his/her guitar skills. People learning for fun are as much invited as people wanting to learn guitar on a higher, more serious level.
Why The Beginners Guitar course?
Playing guitar is one thing, but effective implementation of various techniques and right use of 7 primary notes to produce great sounds is an entirely different thing. With Steve Stine you will grasp the fundamentals of good guitar playing. Also, serious learners will be able to produce their own great sounds by a better understanding of the music.
Language of instruction: English